If a friend is in imminent danger of killing or hurting themselves call 9-1-1.
Other resources to contact:
- Student Health and Counseling Services - 715-394-8236
- Campus Safety - 715-394-8117
- Douglas County 24 hr Crisis Line - 715-395-0426
- Miller Dwan Behavioral Health 24 hr Crisis Line - 218-723-0099
After calling 9-1-1:
1. Remain calm and listen closely; be supportive of their situation and feelings.
2. Don't leave your friend alone.
3. If weapons are present, don't put yourself in danger, call 9-1-1 immediately!
4. Encourage your friend to get professional help.