All student organizations must complete the annual recognition process by the fall recognition deadline to remain active. Late/incomplete applications and paperwork may result in a budget reduction.
The fall recognition deadline is Friday, September 29, 2017 4:30 p.m.
*Please note that student organization officers must complete online training by the deadline as part of the recognition requirements. The training takes approximately 1 hour to complete, but may be done in small sections at a time. Be sure to register your officers for the Learn@UW-Superior (D2L) course by contacting Student Involvement.
In order to apply for recognition, the student organization must meet the minimum requirements for recognition and:
- Obtain five (5) or more signatures from organization members on the Member List.
- Meet with your faculty or staff advisor, employed by UW-Superior. Discuss their role and fill out the Student Organization and Advisor Agreement.
- Complete the online application form: Student Organization Recognition Application.
- Submit the following paperwork to the Yellowjacket Union Information Desk by the deadline.
- Member List
- Student Organization & Advisor Agreement
- Have at least 2 officers complete the online "Student Organization Officer Training" on Learn@UW-Superior (D2L). To enroll officers in the course, please email their names and organization name to firstname.lastname@example.org. Students that are officers in multiple organizations only need to complete the training once.
- Submit the current student organization constitution to email@example.com. Student Involvement keeps copies of all current student organization constitutions on file.
Constitution Requirements and Sample
- Student organizations utilizing storage space in the Student Organization Storage Room (YU 23) or a locker in the Student Organization Workspace (YU 157) are required to submit a signed copy of the Student Organization Storage Room Agreement Terms. Failure to submit may result in the removal of space usage privileges.
Student Involvement staff will review your application materials to make sure all components of the application are complete. Your completed application materials will then be sent to the Student Judicial Committee (SJC) and Student Government Association (SGA) for approval. SJC and SGA meet bi-monthly, so expect a response within four weeks. After SGA approval, the student organization will be granted recognized status, gaining all the rights, privileges and responsibilities associated with recognition. The Student Judicial Committee and the Student Government Association reserve the right to make final determination, consistent with university policy and Wisconsin law, on all requests for recognition.
There is a short waiting period between when an organization submits application materials and when they have officially been granted recognized status by SGA. During the waiting period, student organizations may:
- reserve campus facilities
- hold recruitment events and membership meetings
- host campus programs and events (returning organizations only)
- spend their SUFAC allocation for the academic year (returning organizations only)