Promotion and Event Planning
Food Service and Catering
Speakers, Entertainment and Contracts:
Organizations should not advertise or promote an event where a speaker / entertainer will perform until the following guidelines have been reviewed and the proper process for contracting entertainment has been followed.
What funds may be used to pay for a speaker/entertainer?
- SUFAC funding may only be used for a speaker/entertainer when the event is identified in the organization's SUFAC budget allocation
- Organizations who have raised money through fundraising may use those funds for a speaker/entertainer at events
What is the process for contracting and paying speakers/entertainers?
- Organizations should first speak with the speaker/entertainer or their agent to collect information and price quotes. Follow the tips for "talking with agents."
- Keep in mind that you cannot sign any agreements, contracts, memos, or understandings. University contracts need to be signed by the Assistant Director of Student Involvement.
- Once a speaker/entertainer has been decided upon, follow the outlined process for completing a University Speaker/Entertainment contract and payment information.
Sound System Rental
For events requiring the use of the portable sound system or the house system in the Yellowjacket Union Shippar Atrium, assistance by the student tech team is required. A student tech manager will complete all set up, operation of sound equipment during event, and tear down. Cost is $10 per hour and will be charged back to your campus department or organization. Please contact Student Involvement with all technical needs and event information.
Popcorn Machine Rental
Meeting and Event Spaces
|Erlanson 204||School of Business and Economics|
|Manion Theater, Holden Fine and Applied Arts||Communicating Arts Department|
|Marcovich Wellness Center: Lobby, Mezzanine, Classrooms, Fieldhouse, Gymnasium, and Fields||Facility Use Request Form|
|Multicultural Center (Old Main 232)||Online Instructions; Office of Multicultural Affairs|
|Outdoor Space||Facilities Management|
|Swenson Hall: Lobby and Lounges||Online Request Form|
|Swenson Hall: Meeting and Conference Rooms||Office of the Provost|
|Swenson Hall: Classrooms and Lecture Hall||Registrar's Office|
|Thorpe Langely (Old Main)||Online Request Form; Music Department|
|Wessman Arena||Facility Use Request Form|
|Yellowjacket Union: Student Org Meeting Room 153, Rooms 201-204, Great Room, and Shippar Atrium||Yellowjacket Union|