Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

Can't find the answer?

Email us at  We will connect you with the proper resources.

Where do I make my payment?

Cash or check payments are accepted at the Cashier's window in Old Main 208.  Check payments may also be dropped in the night deposit slot between the Cashier's windows in Old Main.

Checks payments may be mailed to:

UW-Superior Cashier's Office
Old Main 208
PO Box 2000
Superior, WI 54880

Please make checks payable to UW-Superior and include your student ID number on the check.  All payments due must be received at the University Cashier's Office no later than 4:30 p.m. on the due date.  The University is not responsible for mail delays.

Can I pay by credit card?

Yes.  To make your payment by credit card, go to your ehive and follow these steps:

  1. Locate and click the "View Bill" link
  2. Choose the appropriate semester
  3. Be sure the pop-up blocker on your web browser is disabled
  4. Click the "Pay Online" button located at the bottom of your e-bill
  5. Follow the instructions on the payment page
  6. Print the final "Payment Accepted" page as your online receipt

UW-Superior accepts Visa and MasterCard only.  No credit card payments are accepted over the phone or at the Cashier's window.  There is a $25.00 convenience fee charged for each credit card transaction using the web.

How does Minnesota reciprocity work?

It is the student's responsibility to apply for reciprocity.  Reciprocity is not automatic.  The state of Minnesota grants reciprocity on the basis of the application provided by the student.  Students must apply online at Those who do not apply, apply late and/or are not approved will be required to pay non-resident rates.

How do I audit a class?

Contact the Registrar's Office at (715) 394-8228.

Can I enroll in Summer College if suspended following the Spring term?

Yes.  Summer is considered open-enrollment so any admitted student may enroll.  If you earn a 2.0 or higher GPA for just the summer course(s) you enroll in, your suspension status will be removed.  You will remain on probation.

If I'm suspended after Spring and enrolled in Fall classes, will the classes be dropped?

Your Fall classes will NOT be dropped IF you enroll in at least one summer class and earn a grade of C or higher in the course.

How many credits are full time for Summer College?

12 credits for undergraduate students and 9 credits for graduate students.

When will I be able to view my summer grades?

Faculty are required to submit summer grades within 14 days from the last day of class.  About 4 days after this day, you will be able to view your summer grades in your E-Hive.

If I complete all degree requirements in Summer, when do I participate in commencement?

Students completing all degree requirements in the Summer participate in commencement the PREVIOUS Spring term.  This means that a degree is completed  in August, students walk the May BEFORE they have completed requirements.  Students may request to walk in the subsequent Fall Commencement in December via a request to the Registrar.