CLEP and DANTES exams allow students to earn college credit through testing. These exams are offered through College Board. Check out their website for testing information, dates, and locations

CLEP/DANTES testing is not available on-site at UW-Superior.

A list of accepted tests and their equivalencies

UW-Superior students...

may receive college credit for passing scores on certain exams offered by the College Level Examination Program (CLEP) and the Defense Activity for Nontraditional Educational Support (DANTES).  See a list of these courses below.

The following policies and procedures must be followed in receiving credit by examination for UW-Superior credit:

  • Credit by exam is awarded only for those course exams approved by UW-Superior faculty.
  • Only students who are enrolled at UW-Superior may receive credit by exam. Students who take exams prior to actual enrollment at UW-Superior will receive college credit only after enrolling.
  • Student may acquire up to 30 semester credits by examination.
  • Credits awarded at UW-Superior for CLEP/DANTES may or may not be transferable to other institutions. Transfer credit is at the discretion of the institution to which a student is transferring.
  • When successful on a particular exam, the student is awarded credit for the course (no grades are awarded). Failure on an exam is not recorded on the student's transcript and has no effect on the student's record. The student can repeat the exam six months after the initial examination.
  • Normally, students will not be allowed to gain credit by examination for courses in which the student has already earned a grade. Exceptions to this policy may be granted only with the consent of the course instructor, program coordinator and the University Credits Committee.

Have questions?
Please contact the Educational Success Center at or 715-394-8185