Inside the ePortfolio Tool
The ePortfolio tab contains a dashboard of all the activities within your ePortfolio (see image):
- The navigation links (red box) - ePortfolio, My Items, Explore, Sharing Groups - across the top allow you to move around within your ePortfolio.
- The Student Information area (orange box) will show your profile image and allow you to make quick reflections ("What are you learning?"), you can also add files and add links.
- The Newsfeed area (green box) highlights any new activities - recent modifications, comments from others, shared items, etc. You can filter what's showing by your items, what's been shared with you, and things you've subscribed to.
- Build your ePortfolio (light blue box) has buttons to create new presentations and collections, as well as web documents and course results.
- The Unread Invites area (dark blue box) will show any shared presentations you've received from others in the Learn@ UWSuperior system. If you click on the "View Invites page", you will be able to delete shared items that you no longer need access to anymore.
- The Space Usage area (purple box) shows how much space you've used and how much is left.
My Items tab
The My Items tab will have an inventory of all the things you've create and uploaded into your ePortfolio. You will be able to filter the items by type - Artifacts, Collections, Presentations, Reflections, and Objectives, as well as if they were Shared or Unshared. (See image)
There are dropdown menus and buttons under the tabs: Add dropdown menu (see image), New Presentation and New Collection buttons (see image), and More Actions dropdown menu (see image). You can use these menus and buttons to create new items for your ePortfolio; add files from your computer, your Learn@UWSuperior locker, or course results; and organize your ePortfolio.
Artifacts are the items that you create using the HTML editor or upload into your ePortfolio. They can even be links to websites that support the purpose of your presentation.
Types of artifacts:
- Reflection - can be used like a journal or blog to reflect on the items within your ePortfolio, your thought process, your personal goals, how the feedback helped your progress.
- Link - to websites outside the learning environment.
- File Upload - you will be able to browse your computer or Learn@ UW-Superior locker to find the file you would like to upload into your ePortfolio.
- Web Document - an HTML File inside Learn@UWSuperior.
- Course results - if your instructor allows this, you can add course feedback and grades to your ePortfolio.
If you've added something you no longer want in your ePortfolio, you can use the Delete option in the More Actions dropdown menu to remove it.
Artifacts in your ePortfolio can be put into Collections to help you organize your ePortfolio area. You can have the same item or artifact in several collections without having to make a copy of it.
You can use the New Collection button to create a collection or the More Actions dropdown menu to add artifacts to existing collections.
Presentation can be used to "package" artifacts, reflections, collections, for sharing with peers, mentors, instructors or outside sources. You can create multiple presentations that you share with different audiences or submit to the Dropbox as an assignment.
You can use the New Presentation button to create a presentation or the More Actions dropdown menu to add artifacts to existing presentations.
Reflections can be written as a journal entry or like a blog, to explain what the items in your ePortfolio or presentation mean to you, your thought process, how certain feedback helped you progress in your studies, etc.
You can use the Add dropdown menu to create a reflection or the More Actions dropdown menu to add reflections to existing collections and presentations.
Shared / Unshared
You can allow people to see, edit, add comments, and add assessments to your artifacts, reflections, and presentations.
In the My Items area, you can sort your artifacts, collections, and presentations by what you've shared and haven't shared with others.