Latest Upgrade Changes
The latest version of Learn@UWSuperior upgrade videos will always be listed in this section as well as by tool or feature below.
We will be working on the quick guides for the 10.7.0 version and will update this section as soon as we can. Most of the changes in this upgrade were minor or workflow related, so the existing handouts should still help you until the new ones are ready.
General Tools and Features
The General Tools and Features section contains handouts for a variety of tools and processes you may need to edit your course. This is also where we have placed information that can be used for several tools.
- Class Progress and User Progress
- Cleaning a Course
- How to Copy Components from Another Course (v10.6)
- How to Embed Jim Dan Hill Library Streaming Videos into Content, Discussions, and News
- How to Export a Course Package from Learn@UWSuperior (v10.6)
- How to Import a Course Package or a Textbook Text Bank into Your Course (v10.6)
- How to Use Manage Dates
- Using Enrollment Statistics
- What Students See in Learn@UWSuperior
The Checklist Tool, found in the Materials dropdown menu, allows you to highlight important assignments, readings, or other items for your students to complete. Your students will be able to mark the assignments they have completed and see what they still need as the course progresses.
The Content Tool, found in the Materials dropdown menu, can be used to display syllabi, course assignments, and instructional materials in text, image, video, and PDF formats.
- Content Overview and Creating a Module (v10.6)
- Adding Existing Activities
- Completion Tracking and Summary (updated for v10.6)
- Content Navigation Panel (updated for v10.6)
- Creating New Topics (updated for v10.6) - All the individual New menu documents in one file
- Editing a Topic and Notifying Students of the Change (v10.3)
- Using the Drop and Drag Feature (v10.1)
The Discussions Tool, found in the Communications dropdown menu, can be used to facilitate student-to-student and faculty-to-student communication over the course of the semester.
- Changing the Discussions Area Default View (v10.3)
- Creating a New Forum and Topic (updated for v10.6)
- Creating a Forum with the "Must Start a Thread" option (v10.3)
- Deleting and Recovering Forums, Topics, and Threads (v10.6)
- Using the "Post to Other Threads" feature (v10.3)
- Using the Rating Systems (v10.3)
The Dropbox Tool, found in the Assessment dropdown menu, can be used by students to turn in assignment files electronically for your review and feedback.
- Bulk Upload of Feedback Files
- Creating a Dropbox Folder (v10.6) - New Turnitin process and options
- Deleting and Recovering Dropbox Folders and Submissions (v10.3)
- Evaluating Students Who Haven't Made a Submission (v10.3)
- Using Learn@UWSuperior and Turnitin Together (v10.6) - Turnitin Originality and GradeMark Reports
- Using Learn@UWSuperior and the Turnitin App Together (v10.6)
The Online Rooms Tool uses the web conferencing program, BB-Collaborate (formally Elluminate), to give instructors the ability to present course materials to their students in live, interactive online sessions. These sessions can have audio, text chat, video, slide presentations, and polling as well as web touring and application sharing.
The Quizzes Tool, found in the Assessment dropdown menu, can be used to assess the students' knowledge, multiple answer formats are available to create an online quiz similar to a traditional paper version.