Create a New Class and New Assignments
Create a New Class
As an instructor, you can create a class in your Turnitin account by clicking on the "Add a Class" button in the upper right of your home page. (See image)
On the create a new class screen, fill out all the class information:
- Class Type: Select Standard Class or Master Class.
- Class Name: Enter the course number, name, section number and semester (ENGL 101 Freshman English I Sec 001 Spr09).
- Enrollment Password: Enter a password the students will use to join the class. Your class ID will automatically be created. Record these.
- Class End Date: Select the date you would like the class to close on. (See image)
A new window will open with your class ID and password when this step has been completed. (See image) You will then be brought back to your home page with the class you just created listed on the All Classes tab. (See image)
Add a New Assignment
In order for you or your students to upload papers to check for originality, you will need to create assignments inside your class.
- On your class home page, select the name of the class you want to work in. (See image)
- Click on the "New Assignment" button in the upper right of your class page. (See image)
- In the General information area you will need to:
- From the Create a new: dropdown menu select if this is a paper assignment or if it is a revision assignment.
- Type in the assignment title in the text field.
- On the right side, select a start date and due date from the calendar dropdown menus. You can also set a time for each. (See image)
- If you click on the plus (+) sign next to "(More Options)" you will be able to enter special instructions, automatically generate originality reports for submissions, and determine where system will search for the originality reports. (See image)
Allowing for Revised Assignments
- From the class inbox, click on the "New Assignment" button.
- From the Create a New dropdown menu, select "Revision Assignment".
- On the Revision Assignment screen you will need to:
- Based on Paper Assignment: select the assignment you want this to be a revision for.
- Start Date: select a start date from the date and time dropdown menus.
- Due Date: select an end date from the date and time dropdown menus.
- Generate Originality Reports for Student Submissions: select when you want the report to be generated from the dropdown menu.
- Allow Students to see Originality Reports? select yes or no from the dropdown menu.
- Click on the Submit button. (See image).
- When you return to the Assignment Inbox, there will now be a revision assignment listed as well as the original assignment. (See image)