Help Desk Tips
Technology Tips & Tricks
Creating a Presentation Poster
- Overview: Before You Get Started on the Poster – This video is on how to find the key points in your paper or research and what layouts might fit the information the best. It also walks you through how to use the information on the Technology Services Graphic Production webpage.
- Creating a Poster Using Microsoft PowerPoint – This video is on how to resize the PowerPoint slide to fit your poster size and create the layout you selected using gridlines and guides.
- Using Color and Fonts on Your Poster – This video is on how to select colors that contrast as well as fonts and font sizes that are easy to read on your poster.
- Adding Content to Your Poster - This video is on how to create subtitles and organize your information; text boxes with paragraphs and bulleted lists; and design elements to make your poster easier to read.
- Adding SmartArt to Your Poster – This video is on how to add SmartArt to your poster as a quick and easy way to show information without using paragraphs.
- Adding Logos and Images to Your Poster – This video is on how to add the University Logo to your poster as well as find and insert images that are appropriate to use on your poster, including the Google Advanced Image Search.