The Mission of the Technology Services Unit is to provide technology services that are accessible, reliable, convenient and secure for the purpose of empowering the UW-Superior community to use technology in teaching, learning, research, creative activity and service.
Technology Services works closely with other campus units in Information and Instructional Technology Services to plan and deliver services and to ensure effective use of information technology resources. Technology Services aspires to:
- continuously improve services, facilities, and staff skills
- respond to a changing environment in innovative ways
- provide leadership and planning to make the best use of emerging technologies.
Technology Services consists of three units:
- Application Services is responsible for the development of information systems essential to the operation of the University including student information system, and management information.
- Infrastructure Services is responsible for providing highly available, high quality access to the University's electronic resources and the Internet. This includes desktop, server and network support.
- Technology Support Services provides services and facilities for faculty, staff, and students to effectively use current and emerging technology solutions. This includes classroom presentation systems and teaching & learning applications.
The Catalog of Systems and Services provides a snapshot of some of the systems and services provided to the campus by the 3 units of technology services. Questions on systems or services should be directed to the technology helpdesk.