IT Access Process
Examine and Redesign the Information Technology Access Process from the point it is determined that a UW staff member needs access to University computer systems and/or databases to when the access has been provided and paperwork has been completed. Also changes to status such as transfers, separation or retirement.
- Appropriate and timely access needed to perform job functions, with appropriate security functions in place and access removed in a timely fashion when the business need ends
- All employees have the correct IT access aligned with arrival/start date
- Timely notification of employee change of status
- Access is removed upon separation or updated upon transfer/retirement
- A flexible system-a person assigned to a menu of services. "plug-n-play"
- Automated system where possible
- Support interface (Help-desk) where appropriate
Peggy Fecker, Value Stream Manager
UW-System Group IT Access - Future State, Stevens Point