Upward Bound at UW-Superior is open to you if you meet these requirements:
- 9th- through 11th-grade students from the Superior School District.
- Students whose families meet income guidelines (2/3 are low income as determined by the U.S. Department of Education)
- Students are from a family in which neither parent has graduated from a four-year college.
- Students who have been identified as having the potential for success in post-secondary education; such as college, university, professional or technical school. Students need not have received especially high grades in school to initially qualify.
- After filling out an application and establishing eligibility, two recommendations from adults and an interview are required. Students must show a willingness to make a commitment to participate throughout high school until graduation and to keep Upward Bound notified of post-secondary progress.