University Marketing and Communications provides brand review of marketing materials to help your office or department better align your marketing and communications efforts with the UW-Superior brand. Consistent use of the UW-Superior images and messages will help strengthen our brand message and create more recognition to our audience.
Effective August 1, 2011, any communication to an external audience (beyond current students, faculty and staff) or an internal communication piece with a shelf-life of three months or longer, must receive approval from University Marketing and Communications prior to printing and distribution.
University Marketing and Communications will evaluate each piece using the "brand review" model.
Brand Review Checklist
Before submitting your marketing piece, ask yourself the following questions:
- Is the University logo used correctly?
- Do co-brands appear appropriately (secondary to main logo)?
- Does it incorporate University key words?
- Does it follow the University style manual?
- Does it complement and not conflict with our University key messages?
- Are brand colors used appropriately?
- Does it use University brand fonts?
- Does it use current University photography?
- Is the medium right for audience?
- Is there a "call-to-action?"
- Is all appropriate event and contact information listed (website, phone number, email, etc.)?
If you answered "yes" to all of these questions, your publication should pass the brand review process its first time through. If you answered "no" to any questions, please consider how to incorporate the appropriate edits into your piece, or contact University Relations to request assistance.
To submit documents to for brand review, please email a PDF or jpeg file of your project (Microsoft Publisher and Word files are not accepted) to email@example.com.
Required vs. Suggested Changes
University Marketing and Communications may suggest two types of changes: required and suggested. Be prepared to allow for additional time to make required changes prior to release.
Please allow approximately 2 to 4 working days for the review process, depending on the size and complexity of the document. Allow additional time for necessary changes prior to release.