Welcome to UW-Superior, where you'll join more than 1,060 other nontraditional students (41 percent of our student body). You can choose from undergraduate and graduate programs, 14 of which are available online. You'll find a welcoming campus, talented faculty and a quality, affordable education with financial aid available.
Who is a nontraditional student?
A nontraditional student is a student who meets any one of the following characteristics, or a combination of them. Examples:
- 25 years old or older
- Married with or without children
- Single with children
- Active duty military
- Spouse of a veteran or active duty military
- Dependent of a veteran
Step 1: Enroll at UW-Superior
- Apply for Admissions at UW-Superior ( $100 enrollment deposit required once admitted - for on - campus students ONLY)
- Request ALL previous University/College/Community College and technical school transcripts (High school transcript not required if Associate degree obtained)
Mail to: Admissions Office
PO BOX 2000
Belknap and Catlin Ave.
Superior, WI 54880
- Review the UW-Superior Course Catalog requirements for UW-Superior's academic degree programs. Explore options for credit for prior military, academic, significant life, and work experience online at Credit for Prior Learning
- Complete Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) every academic year (UWS code is 003925)
Step 2: Orientation and Registration
- Apply for Child Care Subsidies – to get help paying for child care while enrolled at UW-Superior
- Attend one of the following orientation, advising and registration sessions below:
- Go to your UW-Superior My E-Hive to register for classes
Step 3: Child Care Subsidy Program
UW-Superior can help with student child care cost through the UW-Superior Child Care Subsidy Program.
What is the Subsidy Program?
The UW-Superior Child Care Subsidy Program is money granted to enrolled UW-Superior students with children in one of the six child care centers listed below. Your eligibility will be determined, and based on:
- student status (enrolled in 6+ credits),
- number and ages of children in care, and
- your child must be enrolled in one of the Child Care Centers listed below:
6 Child Care Center Locations:
(Your child must be enrolled in one of the centers listed below to qualify for the child care subsidy)
- New Horizons Children's Center of Superior (28th and Hill Ave - Mariner Mall) 715-392-4211
- Noah's Ark Day Care Center (1625 N 59th Street) 715-392-1555
- Superior Children's Center (2416 Hill Avenue) 715-395-1933
- Superior Children's Center (1209 N 7th Street) 715-392-3334
- YMCA Discovery Program (9 N 21st Street) 715-392-5444
- Newborn 2 School Education Inc (2911 Tower Ave Suite 5) 715-392-2499
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying for the UW-Superior Child Care Subsidy Program, please complete the on-line application