Wessman Arena’s ice-based programs include hockey and skating for youth and adults. We offer open skate sessions, open hockey, birthday parties, field trips and stick n’ puck. Our range of hockey and skating programming can accommodate people of all ages and skill levels. Whether it’s your first time on the ice or you’re looking to refresh your hockey skills, we have a program for you! Ice is available from June 1-March 15* of any given year.
*Exact dates fluctuate per calendar year.
- Open skate
- Open hockey
- Stick n’ puck
- Birthday parties
- Learn to skate – coming soon!
Adult Open Hockey is offered on Sunday nights for players ages 18+ and for all skill levels.
Open Hockey sessions are designed to give players seeking extra ice time the opportunity to play in a noncompetitive environment. The maximum amount of players allowed is 26 players plus two goaltenders. Most sessions are 60 minutes at a cost of only $10 (first two goalies are free).
Open Hockey Requirements & Procedures:
- Players must sign in and present a current driver’s license and sign a facility waiver at the concession stand.
- Sessions are limited to the first 26 skaters.
- All sessions are NON-CHECKING. Recreational play only.
- Goalies are FREE!
- Participants must be 18 or older to take part in all adult sessions.
- Full equipment and helmet is mandatory.
- Wessman Arena reserves the right to revoke a player’s privileges due to unsportsmanlike play.