Open New Career Pathways

Your decision to apply for graduate school shows your dedication to success. Our graduate programs at UW-Superior are tailored to help you launch or advance your career. 

How to Apply to UW-Superior

All applicants are expected to meet the following Graduate Studies requirements:

  • A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university.
  • An undergraduate GPA of at least 2.75/4.00 or 2.90/4.00 in the last half of the undergraduate program. Undergraduate and graduate work from all colleges attended will be considered.
  • An undergraduate major or equivalent evidence of substantial background for entering chosen program.

All degree or certification applicants are required to submit the following to the Graduate Studies Office located in Swenson Hall Room 3065:

  • An online application to Graduate Studies.
  • A non-refundable $56 application fee.
  • Official transcripts of all your undergraduate and graduate work to date. We are unable to accept transcripts from students. If you have taken courses at UW-Superior, transcripts are not required.
  • Other application materials required by specific programs as listed under program specific requirements.

Graduate Studies will keep your application materials for one year. After one year you will need to apply again and submit all required application materials. All application materials become the property of Graduate Studies and cannot be returned to the applicant, forwarded to another institution or duplicated for any purpose.

Recommended dates for submission of application materials are April 1 for summer or fall terms and Oct. 15 for the spring term. The final deadline for applications is two weeks before the term begins.

Program Specific Requirements

International Graduate Admissions Requirements

Qualified international students are welcome to enroll in graduate degree programs at UW-Superior. NOTE: International students who intend to enroll in a UW-Superior graduate program in F-1 student status are eligible to apply only for the on-campus counseling graduate program. Students who wish to enroll in an online program and attend classes virtually from outside of the U.S. are welcome to apply for any of the above programs that are offered entirely online. Please contact Graduate Admissions with related questions.

The first step to being admitted is to complete the application for admission and remit the non-refundable application fee. Additionally, the following information must be submitted to the Graduate Studies Office, located in the Yellowjacket Union, Room 230:

  • Official copies with a literal English translation of academic credentials (grade reports, transcripts or mark sheets) from any post-secondary (college, university, institute) coursework.
  • A statement or certificate indicating English language proficiency. A score of 81 (internet-based) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or a score of 6.5 on the IELTS is recommended. 
  • Financial Verification Form with supporting bank or sponsorship-related documentation. Students who are seeking a Form I-20, the document necessary to apply for an F-1 student visa or to transfer from another U.S. institution in F-1 status, are required to provide proof of funding for at least one year of study. The university issues Form I-20’s to students who have been admitted and submitted the appropriate documentation.
  • International graduate students may be awarded a partial nonresident tuition waiver.
  • All required documents for admission must be on file with the Graduate Studies Office by April 1 for the fall semester and by September 1 for the Spring semester.