Public Records Request

Public Records Notice, Wis. Stat. § 19.34(2)

The Universities of Wisconsin Administration is created and exists pursuant to Chapter 36 of the Wisconsin Statutes. The Universities of Wisconsin Administration is governed by the University of Wisconsin Board of Regents and is directed by the President of the Universities of Wisconsin. See Wis. Stat. § 36.09(2). The Universities of Wisconsin Administration assists the Board and the President in establishing and implementing policies related to educational programs, financial, and physical-plant development of the Universities of Wisconsin.

The Universities of Wisconsin Administration has designated a Custodian of Public Records to meet its obligations under Wisconsin public records laws. Members of the public may obtain information and access to or copies of public records by making a request of the Records Custodian during regular office hours of Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.:

Lauren Howard
University of Wisconsin-Superior
Old Main 324
Belknap and Catlin
P.O. Box 2000
Superior, WI 54880-4500

For student records requests, please be advised that there is a charge of $75.00 for the procurement of the materials requested, which may include the cost of producing and copying. For all other requests, UW-Superior may bill requesters $.25 for each copy made, but will not charge reproduction costs for electronic copies of records that exist in electronic format. A location fee may be charged if the cost to locate the record(s) in question is $50.00 or more. Location fees will be calculated at the hourly salary and benefit rate for the lowest-paid employee capable of performing the task. No fee will be charged for the cost of reviewing records for possible redaction or removal of confidential information. Requests which exceed a total cost of $5.00 may require prepayment. All requests will be processed as soon as practicable and without delay.

To expedite a public records request, please complete the form below. Public records can also be requested by contacting Lauren Howard.