About Title IX
Recent changes made to UW System policies supersede campus policies. View the Updated UW System policies regarding Title IX.
Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 states:
No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex (gender), be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.
The Title IX Coordinator has primary responsibility for coordinating University Title IX compliance efforts, including oversight of University personnel and student-related policies such as sexual misconduct, harassment, and non-discrimination; coordination of training; and administration of grievance procedures.
Statement of Inclusion and Nondiscrimination
The University of Wisconsin-Superior creates an inclusive environment for all individuals regardless of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, race, national origin, ethnicity, ability, or military status in the execution of its educational programs, activities, employment, daily operations, and admission practices.
Confidential Support Resources
- Student Health and Counseling Services, 715-394-8236 , Marcovich Wellness Center 1729
- Gender and Sexuality Program Coordinator, 715-394-8031
- T Leeper, firstname.lastname@example.org
- CASDA Campus Sexual Assault Advocate
- Title IX Handout
- Incident Reporting Form
UW System Regent Policies:
- 14-2 Sexual Violence and Sexual Harassment
- 14-3 Equal Opportunities in Education: Elimination of Discrimination Based on Gender
- 14-6 Discrimination, Harassment and Retaliation
- 14-8 Consensual Relationships
- 17-2 Establishment of Equal Opportunity Employment
UW System Administrative Code Provisions:
Title IX Team Training
Currently, all individuals involved in Title IX investigations are trained on a yearly basis through organizations such as ATIXA and SUNY Student Conduct Institute. All training materials provided by SUNY Student Conduct Institute (SCI) can be found here: Posted Training. For other content about training for the Title IX Team, contact the Title IX Coordinator at email@example.com.