Information on Submitting Transcripts and Academic Records
Academic transcripts and records are documents that include scores, marks or grades for the educational courses you have completed during a specific period, such as:
- Grade or mark sheets
- School records
- Statement of results, e.g. for state and national exams
Transcripts and academic records are created by the secondary school (high school), college, university, or technical school you attended, or by the government body that administered related exams. A transcript or academic record must include all the following information:
- Your name, the institution’s name, and the dates during which you studied there
- Names of all the courses or exams you completed
- Grades, scores, or marks earned for all completed courses and/or exams
- Diplomas, certificates, or degrees earned
You may submit transcripts for courses or degrees still in progress and, in some cases, an admission decision may be made with these transcripts.
Official vs. Unofficial Transcripts and Academic Records
UW-Superior classifies all transcripts and academic records as either official or unofficial.
During the application process, UW-Superior will accept unofficial transcripts from secondary and post-secondary schools and institutions located outside the U.S.; official transcripts are required from schools and institutions located within the U.S.
English Language Translations
If documents are not originally issued in English, students must provide a certified English translation as well as all original language transcripts. UW-Superior doesn’t recommend or approve any specific translation service and suggests each applicant research and find a service that best meets their needs.
Translation services provide their certification documentation along with the English language translations.
International Transfer Students
All students who have graduated from secondary school (high school) and attended a college or university are required to submit the items below. Students who have attended the equivalent of one or more full-time semesters (equivalent to 12 or more transferrable U.S. semester credits) should submit the following:
- Transcripts and/or academic records, including proof of graduating from secondary school (high school)
- Transcript(s) from each college/university attended, including the final transcript showing all courses completed before enrolling at UW-Superior and English translation (if applicable)
- (Strongly recommended) syllabi (preferred) or course descriptions (in English) for all previous college/university coursework completed (these documents may be submitted after admission and typically benefit students in the transfer credit evaluation process)
In some cases, transfer students’ previous college or university coursework may require additional evaluation. Such students may be required to submit their transcripts to an external agency for credit evaluation. Evaluations from agencies that are members of NACES or AICE will be accepted. In particular, students have reported a positive experience with Scholaro, ECE, WES and IEE. Students can contact email@example.com to clarify whether they are subject to this requirement.