Student Tax Reporting Information

1098-T Tax Information

UW-Superior files the 1098-T form for each student who had qualified tuition and other related educational expenses paid during the previous calendar year. Your 1098T will contain payments and scholarships/grants applied to your student account between Jan. 1  and Dec. 31 and will be available in early January each year.

How to Access Your 1098-T Document

You will be able to access the 1098-T form directly from your Ehive account in early January for the previous calendar year. You will need to consent to receive it electronically by following the steps in the 1098-T document. Follow the steps in the 1098-T document to complete the 1098-T consent.

Even if you are not ready to use the 1098-T form, please sign the electronic consent by mid-January. If you do not consent to receive the form electronically, you will receive a paper copy to the home address in E-Hive at the end of January.

This form contains important tax information related to tuition, scholarships and other information for the calendar year, January 1 through December 31, which may be needed to complete either your or your parents’ tax return.

1098-T Forms Prior to 2020

For a copy of a prior year’s 1098-T, please contact the Bursar’s/Cashier’s Office by emailing or by calling 715-394-8505.

Below is a blank sample of the 2022 Form 1098-T for your reference. Read more information about Form 1098-T online

We’re Here to Help

If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us. You may also want to visit our Frequently Asked Questions page or the UW System’s 1098T Frequently Asked Questions page.