Upward Bound at UW-Superior is open to you if you meet these requirements:
- Students who are in grades 9-11 in the Superior School District
- Students whose families meet income guidelines (2/3 are low income as determined by the U.S. Department of Education)
- Students are from a family in which neither parent has graduated from a four-year college
- Students who have been identified as having the potential for success in post-secondary education, such as college, university, professional or technical school. Students need not have received especially high grades in school to initially qualify.
- After filling out the application below and establishing eligibility, two recommendations from adults and an interview are required. Students must show a willingness to make a commitment to participate throughout high school until graduation and to keep Upward Bound notified of post-secondary progress.
This program is federally funded; therefore, certain criteria must be met. The following form is a preliminary screening for eligibility and will be used only by Upward Bound staff. Please complete the following form. If you have any questions about Upward Bound, please contact us. Once we receive your interest form, we will contact you.