If you have an idea for a student organization and something similar doesn’t already exist on campus, Student Involvement staff can help you get started.
Sign up for a 45-minute “Get Started Meeting” by contacting Student Involvement at (715) 394-8444 or email@example.com. At this meeting you will learn what you need to do to apply for student organization recognition and how to use ‘Jacket Hub,’ the online student organization platform.
New Student Organization Recognition Process
After your “Get Started Meeting” with Student Involvement, you will need to gather the following information before submitting your application:
- Name of the student organization.
- Names and UWS email addresses of at least five currently enrolled UW-Superior students who are interested in joining your organization. Identify any students who will hold officer positions.
- A faculty or staff member employed by UW-Superior to serve as your advisor.
- An organization constitution and bylaws, including a mission and purpose statement. View the sample constitution for the requirements that must be included in this document.
- Logo or photo to use for your organization’s profile.
Once you have information, you are ready to complete the “Organization Registration” form on ‘Jacket Hub.’
- Log into ‘Jacket Hub’ using your UWS credentials (username without the @uwsuper.edu and password).
- Click on “Forms” on the top right of the homepage.
- Click on the “Organization Registration” form and fill it out. Items marked with a red * are required. If you can’t fill out all the information now, you can choose to “Save as Draft” by using the drop-down arrow next to the green “Submit for Approval” button. In the “Roster,” be sure to identify membership roles (member or officer) so those students have appropriate access to “Jacket Hub.” Choose the most appropriate officer title among the options; they currently cannot be customized.
- When you have completed the form, click the green “Submit for Approval” button on the top right of the form.
After submitting the “Organization Registration” form, you will need to:
- Follow up with all officers, advisors, and members to make sure they “join” the organization in ‘Jacket Hub. The advisor and a minimum of five student members must register in ‘Jacket Hub to meet the recognition requirements.
- Ask your faculty or staff advisor to fill out and sign the “Advisor Agreement” form. Your advisor will need to log into ‘Jacket Hub’ using their UWS credentials (username without the @uwsuper.edu and password). They should click on “Forms” on the top right of the homepage and select the “Advisor Agreement.”
- Have the organization’s president and one additional officer complete the “Student Organization Officer Training” on Learn@UW-Superior (Canvas). The training is designed to educate student organization leaders about university policies and procedures. Officers can self-enroll in the course. This training takes approximately one hour to complete, but may be done in small sections at a time. Additional officers and advisors can also complete the training. Students that are officers in multiple organizations only need to complete the training once.
Deadline for New Student Organization Recognition
New student organizations will be recognized on a rolling basis, but must be recognized by the February deadline to apply for a Segregated University Fees (SUF) budget for the next academic year.