UW-Superior has adopted guidelines to minimize vehicle traffic and parking on sidewalks to and from the campus buildings.
In an effort to maintain safe pedestrian traffic routes and establish specific loading/unloading points at all campus buildings, we ask that you follow the following guidelines:
Procedures: These guidelines pertain to individuals needing to load/unload equipment and supplies, vendors servicing equipment or machines, and contractors. The predetermined staging areas listed in the guidelines must be used at all times. If special accommodations are needed that differ from these guidelines, please request permission. We are also advising that violators of these guidelines will be ticketed.
Who to Contact: Individuals should contact Parking Services, located in the UW-Superior Welcome Center (corner of Belknap and Catlin Avenue), or call 715-394-8177 for questions, details or necessary permits. After 4 p.m. questions can be directed to the University Police Department at 715-394-8114.
For contractors who are working on campus, contractor permits must be secured from Parking Services prior to beginning work.
Special Requirements for Sidewalk Access
- Vehicles must adhere to a 5 mph speed limit at all times
- When accessing on or across a sidewalk, drivers of vehicles must yield to pedestrians. Pedestrians have the right away at all times.
- Class change is 15 minutes prior to every hour and lasts approximately 20 minutes. No vehicle access to sidewalks will be allowed during this time.
- It is highly advisable to use the vehicle’s emergency flashers while the vehicle is on the sidewalk or parked near a building.
- Loading/Unloading area: A designated area at each campus building for dropping off or picking up supplies, equipment or other materials too heavy to carry to a vehicle parked in a lot. This area is designated as short-term parking and the vehicle must be moved as soon as the loading /unloading activity is completed. A parking area will be designated by Parking Services for vehicles parking during contractor’s work.
- Service Parking area/spot: This is a specific parking area/spot designated for vendors or service contractors performing activities on the campus. Individuals using these areas will be allowed to park for a specific period of time only, based on approval from campus Parking Services.
- Supervised Entry: Access to these areas is highly restricted. Access must be pre-approved and users must be escorted by university personnel.