Meet Your Future Employer
Career Services hosts events throughout the year that help to support career exploration, professional development, and career readiness. Attending career events is a great way to build skills, discuss career and internship opportunities and develop professional networks!
Visit our events page to explore upcoming career fairs and other career events. All UW-Superior campus community members are welcome and encouraged to attend career events (students, alumni, instructors, and staff).
- Students: Explore additional employer hosted virtual career events via Handshake
- Instructors: Consider adding one (or more!) of the career events/experiences/reflection as an attendance requirement/encouragement, assignment or extra-credit in your class. Please consider releasing your class the day of a career fair if students are required to prepare, attend and reflect.
Annual Events and Career Fairs
Visit our events page for additional information.
- Spring Career & Internship Fair (late February/early March) in collaboration with the University of Minnesota Duluth and The College of St. Scholastica
- Fall Career & Internship Fair (October) in collaboration with the University of Minnesota Duluth and The College of St. Scholastica
- ‘Jacket Fest Student Involvement & Part-time Job Fair (late September)
- STEM-Fest Career Fair (September & February) at the University of Minnesota Duluth
- Business Career Fair (October) at the University of Minnesota Duluth
- UW System Virtual Career Trek Series (Tuesdays at 2 p.m. throughout the semester). Each UW campus hosts a company that loves to hire UW students for a virtual employer information session. Highlighted companies vary each week. Visit the Career Trek Registration Info page to view the career trek line-up and details.
UW-Superior In-Person Career Fairs
Save the date! We’ve reserved the following dates for in-person career fairs at the UW-Superior Yelllowjacket Union:
- Fall 2023: Wednesday, October 18, 2023
- Spring 2024: Thursday, February 29, 2024
- Fall 2024: TBD
Why is it Important to Attend Career and Internship Fairs?
Employers WANT to meet UW-Superior students and alumni! Connecting with potential employers and exploring internships/job opportunities is for everyone. Students of all years benefit from attending.
- Students just beginning their academic journey benefit by:
- Exploring potential career options and companies.
- Get comfortable introducing themselves.
- Expanding their networks.
- Students who are ready to search for internships or jobs benefit by:
- Connecting with employers actively searching for internships or jobs.
- Establishing your professional brand through networking.
- Applying to current opportunities provided during or shortly after the fair.
Buzz Tip: Ready to Prepare for the Fair? Check off the essentials with our Before the Fair Checklist.
Tips for Attending a Career Fair
Whether it will be your first time participating in a career fair or you’re just exploring and looking for some extra tips, you’re in the right place. It’s important to make the best impression possible.
The following suggestions will get you organized and help build your confidence for a successful experience for any fair.
Questions? Make an appointment with Career Services at any point throughout your career journey via Handshake.